This week will be yet another hectic one. Tomorrow we find out who the new Mayor will be! It's a bitter sweet moment for all of us in the office. We have two full months left in office. We're starting to wrap up projects, making sure nothing is half way done, and even starting the "how to" manuals.
The "how to" manuals will be binders that contain step-by-step instructions on how to do a certain assignment. I'm sure the new administration will have their own way of conducting things but, at least they'll have something to reference from.
Another reason why this week will be a hectic one is because Nov. 16 is getting closer. This day we'll be having the Mayor's Farewell Reception. The event which is being sponsored by friends of the Mayor. Our staff is not working directly with the production of the event but, for some reason it's causing (at least for me) some stress. I guess because it's a reminder we only have a couple months left as Mayor Gordon's staff.
What does this mean for you as a staffer? Will you transition to another department? I apologize if you have mentioned this in your blog and I missed it but I am interested to know what your next steps will be.
ReplyDelete-Margaret
Good luck this week hopefully as the Farewell Reception draws near things will fall back into place. I too would like to know if you work for Mayor Gordon or if it's for the Office regardless of person there!
ReplyDeleteI will hopefully transition to another department soon. The administration works for the Mayor not the office.
ReplyDeleteIt is really cool that the things we are viewing on the news, internet, etc about our local politics, you are seeing first hand. What an experience! You've done a great job on your blog as well. I've enjoyed the extensive amount of information you've provided about your job there with the city.
ReplyDelete