Yesterday, I had a really productive meeting with Kathleen Haggerty, Deputy Personnel Director at The City of Phoenix Human Resources Department. We met to discuss other job opportunities with The City of Phoenix. Mayor Gordon's team is only 5 weeks away for the transition to begin and we need to start looking elsewhere for jobs. Mayor Gordon always protecting his staff, made sure we met with Human Resources to seek other opportunities within the City.
During the meeting we first reviewed my resume and made sure everything was to standards. We did shift a couple things around and added important notes to it. After that, we moved on to the lists of positions I've applied to within the City. Being on these lists gives us better chances to get interviews with the different departments that have openings available. I'm in 4 lists which is good because it gives me better changes of getting interviews. The departments that are available for me to work in is the Police Department, Public Works, Parks & Recreation, Water, and Aviation. I personally would love to interview with Police and Aviation. I'm so interested that I already picked up a background check packet from the Police Department. The packet consists of 14 pages!
Hoping for the best these couple weeks to come!
That is awfully nice of Mayor Gordon to take care of his staff, I wonder how that compares to other mayors? Good luck on finding another successful job! A 14 page packet can be pretty scary. I've been through the hiring process through MCSO and the CIA and both are grueling! Hopefully Phoenix PD won't be so bad especially with your professional background!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck but it doesn't sound like you need it! I hope we get to hear about the interview process...your blog has been a really great read!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I will keep you guys posted regarding an interview. Hopefully soon!
ReplyDeleteCindy good luck in your job search! You have made two interesting choices in the Police and Aviation Departments. Hopefully you hear something from them soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mark!
ReplyDelete