Today I interviewed with Phoenix Police Code Enforcement Department. The interview panel consisted of four people, two being males and the other two females. I was really nervous while I was waiting for them to call me in. Once I entered the room and saw that I knew one of the interviewers, I felt a little relieved. Her presence made me feel more confident and relaxed.
The interview consisted of approximately 16 questions and lasted about 20 minutes. I walked in and shook their hands then I sat down in a little desk right in-front of their table. We had a little breathe in breathe out session for relaxation. I thought that was really neat of them to do that. In the back of my head I was reminding myself to; sit up straight, make eye contact, ask questions, and all those little things we sometimes forget to do.
The position was for a Administrative Assistant I at the Vehicle Impound area. This position directly supervises five-six Administrative Aides and up to three temporary agency staff; it indirectly supervises an additional seventeen Administrative Aides and numerous agency staff. To be honest this position doesn't fit me. I'm glad they took me into consideration for an interview, but I think I need to look for something that is more in my area. I have no knowledge in regards to impounds nor supervising a group of five-six people.
I'm glad I got to experience the feeling of interviewing once again. Hoping I get another interview soon with Phoenix Police Dept or Aviation. I also just applied with U.S. House of Representatives - Office of Congressman Ed Pastor as a Constituent Services Representative. I'm staying positive something will come soon.
I recently interviewed for a position that wasn't really a good fit for me either. I was really glad to have had the experience though because I admit I was a little rusty on my interview skills. I like the idea of a relaxation exercise to help reduce stress at the outset. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
ReplyDeleteInterviews could be a little intimidating sometimes. Hopefully we'll get more interview experiences soon. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteCindy,
ReplyDeleteI think that interviews are a great way to learn something new about yourself. What you do wrong, but more importantly what you do right can make or break a great career perspective. They are a necessary evil, but it sounds like you have a good grasp of what you want which probably looks great to organizations interviewing you.
Jackie Cuccia
PAF 484
Sometimes you don't know you are good at something until you try it a few times....you'll find something. Good luck!
ReplyDelete